Wplus9 June/July Release: Day 3

Sunday, June 2, 2013

So glad to have you back visiting for Day 3 of Wplus9 Design's June/July Release!  Today, we're showing off two, final, new, stamp sets, Backgrounds & Borders 1 and Strictly Sentiments 2; and I've paired them with Day 1's Fresh Cut Florals and a couple of oldie, but goodie, dies.
I started this card by dry embossing and ink distressing the Really Rust, cardstock, card face.  I then anchored a piece of aqua, diamond, patterned paper, in its center, with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  A panel of White cardstock was then stamped, in Island Indigo ink, with the Ikat design.  To get the ombre effect, I simply stamped three times before re-inking.  I did the same with their centers using our new Lake House ink.  I then trimmed its edges with a rust, polka dot, patterned paper, which was secured to it with white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.  The prepped panel was then wrapped with a length of aqua ribbon, which I tied in a bow and embellished with a crystal button, laced with a hemp twine bow, as well as a stamped, in Lucky Limeade ink, on a White, cardstock die cut, leaf.
The "YOU" was die-cut from Lucky Limeade cardstock, adhered in its respective location, glittered, and grounded with the White, cardstock, die cut banner, upon which I stamped, in Jet Black ink, the "hello there" sentiment.
The reveal of all these new goodies, in their entirety, is coming up tomorrow.  So, run check out what the rest of the designers have worked so hard to bring you.  Then, come on back tomorrow to get all of this month's release details.  AND don't forget to comment for your chance to win on the Wplus9 Design Blog.  Thanks so much for dropping by, and have a terrific start to your work weeks!

Cristina Kowalczyk
Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Jean Martin
Savitri Wilder

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Background & Borders 1, Strictly Sentiments, & Fresh Cut Florals (Wplus9) Paper: White (Wplus9); Really Rust, Lucky Limeade, & aqua diamond (SU); rust polka dot (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Lake House (Wplus9); Island Indigo & Lucky Limeade (SU); Tea Dye, Antique Linen, & Jet Black (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Folk Art Alphabet, Banner Trio, & Fresh Cut Florals dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); polka dot embossing folder, Dazzling Diamonds, & crystal button (SU); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); aqua ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

21 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the gorgeous blue tones you choose for the background of your card. Oh so beautiful Jinny.

Charlene said...

Adorable Jinny!! I love the color scene and all the layers :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and loving that button on the ribbon!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous colours and design ... love how you put this together and I love the dash of sparkle!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny this is so fabulous! Love the colours.

Jennie said...

Love the layers on this and really cool looking card!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my Jinny! Another beauty! so much inspiration to be found in you gorgeous card! Thank You~

Lisa said...

Such a pretty mix of patterns Jinny! I love the delish bow with the pretty button and little sprig!

Larissa Heskett said...

OH~SO FUN!! I LOVE the color combo that you used!! =) AMAZING! Such a FUN design and shows the stamps beautifully!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Ashley Horton said...

Stunning card Jinny!! Love the different layers you used on your card!!

Angi Barrs said...

Love all of the gorgeous layers and sweet pops of color!

Miriam Prantner said...

I kind of adore ikat and I love this card! Great color combos and it has a really kind of earthy feel to it, but at the same time a real lightness and brightness.

Jean Martin said...

Gorgeous card! I love, love, love your work Jinny! I always head there first to check out what you have whenever we have these releases! Fabulous!!! :)

Alice Wertz said...

love the colors and layers. gorgeous card! love it!

Linda R said...

Loving your card. Such great color and design.. Well done my friend.

Hugs~

yyam said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colours and the wonderfully textured layers! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Jinny. Love the blue hues and Ikat images on the background. Great layers.

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the embossing and crystal button! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! This is just GORGEOUS, Jinny! I think this might be my new favorite card!! LOVE the color story-- love the stamping-- LOVE the stitching and twine!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all:) FAB!

Tracy said...

The ombre effect works so beautifully on this card Jinny. I love the whole card, but it's my favorite part. :-) Hugs!

Maria said...

Wow...fab card, Jinny! Such awesome paper and layering! The embossing really caught my eye! Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!