TRR#56 & Paper Secrets June 21st Card Sketch

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

We've got lots going on this am with cooking for a family, who just had a baby, in our church and about a million other things that suddenly decided they needed done.  Ugh!  So, I'm just going to get right to it.  A dear friend of mine recently got engaged, and I just had to make her a little card to tell her how happy I am for her.  She's had a rough go at love, and I'm just thrilled that she's found her perfect match.  If you're reading, congratulations, Courtney!  Love you to bits!  This one will be arriving in your mailbox any day now ;).
I started this card by ink distressing a panel of multicolored, floral, patterned paper and stamping it, in stamped-off, Chocolate Chip ink, with the "friend" text.  I then trimmed it, down both its long sides, with lengths of white lace and secured them with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches, before adhering the prepped piece in the center of a piece of white, floral-embossed, patterned paper, which, in turn, was secured to the front of the White, cardstock, card face.
I then stamped the "SO HAPPY FOR YOU" sentiment, in Jet Black ink, in the center of a pink, polka dot banner, which was secured, with foam tape, near horizontal center of the card face.  It was then grounded with a pretty display of florals, all stamped, in Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Lucky Limeade, Baja Breeze, Pool Party, Basic Gray, Chocolate Chip, Island Indigo, and Jet Black inks, on White, cardstock die cuts.  A few were adhered with foam tape, and even more were embellished with clear gemstones.
An additional, stamped blossom spills into the top right corner of the design...
and a rose, seam binding ribbon bow was adhered to the top left of the sentiment banner and embellished with a crystal button, laced with a white, chord bow, to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from The Ribbon Reel's Challenge #56: Candy Colors...
and Paper Secrets' June 21st Card Sketch.
Thanks, as always, for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Wednesday, y'all!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fresh Cut Florals, Strictly Sentiments 2, & Defining Words Paper: White (Wplus9); white embossed floral (sei); multicolored floral (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Lucky Limeade, Baja Breeze, Pool Party, Basic Gray, Chocolate Chip, & Island Indigo (SU); Jet Black, Tea Dye, & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Fresh Cut Florals die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); clear gemstones (crafts-too); pink polka dot banner (Elle's Studio); rose seam binding ribbon & crystal button (SU); white chord (craft supply store)

22 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I love how you stamped on the patterned paper, subtle and special!

Lindsay said...

Drooooool...this is awesomeness Jinny! LOVE it!

Lisa said...

This is so happy and girly Jinny! The friend text looks fabulous on the PP. Your friend will love it to bits!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a happy and gorgeous card!
Thank You Jinny!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a beautiful card for your friend, Jinny! I love the pretty floral background paper!!

Lynn said...

Ahhh...I am going to come back to this post to CASE the colors you used on the gorgeous WPlus9 stamps...love, love, love this card and I'm sure Courtney willl too!

Kristi B. said...

Absolutely beautiful card Jinny! I love the stamping on the patterned paper. Thanks so much for participating at Paper Secrets! :)

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous colors! I love the look of the script on the patterned paper. This is a beauty, I'm pinning this!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the colors and the flowers!!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

WOW!! This is GORGEOUS!!

yyam said...

Oh wow. This is sooooo pretty! Love the stamping and the ribbon treatment. I'm sure your friend will love this! :)

Julie Marshall said...

Gorgeous card! Love the stamp over.

Charlene said...

Gorgeous Jinny!!! She will love it!! I love the design and the stamping is perfect!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful Jinny!
love all those pretty colors and your card is as pretty as can be...

Ros Crawford said...

So lovely!! I love the stamping on the paper ...

Jeanne J said...

Everything you touch is gorgeous Jinny! You are blessed my friend!! Love the colors of your flowers and all the little accents that make this perfection!

Tracey Sabella said...

So gorgeous!! I love the combination of flowers and embellishments!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the stamping and stitching too! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets! :)

Michelle said...

Every creation you make is a masterpiece, Jinny! I am truly smitten with the stamping on the floral paper! Pretty layered stamped bouquet! Thanks for joining TRR!

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE this card!! Such a GREAT Design and I am LOVING all of the CUTIE Flowers and the color inspiration you drew from!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Kerys said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the stamping on the background paper! Thanks for joining us at Paper Secrets :)

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card as always Jinny, I love that floral paper, and the overstamped script, gorgeous stamped flowers and I love the ribbon too.