TCM: Sweet Memories

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hey, y'all!  I'm back with more goodies from The Craft's Meow.  Today's stamp set is called Sweet Memories and was designed by Nina Brackett for all you Project Lifers.  Here's how it inspired me.
I started this card by framing a piece of aqua, diamond, patterned paper with Pale Plum cardstock, as well as with brown-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  I then adhered a strip of soft green, floral, patterned paper down its center and anchored it, down both its long sides, with brown-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.
A length of white, seam binding ribbon was then wrapped around the vertical center of the prepped piece; tied, in a dressy bow, near the top edge of the design; and embellished with an aqua, paper bloom, backed with a hemp twine bow.
After adhering the entire thing to the Kraft, cardstock, card face, I framed a beautiful, botanical print with the stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, dotted frame; stamped the "LIFE LESSONS OF THE DAY" phrase in Chocolate Chip ink; and adhered it, with foam tape, tucked below the embellished bow.  I just love how that phrase pairs so well with the word "dream" already printed on the gorgeous flashcard.
Thanks, as always, for stopping by!   Be sure to leave some love, on the TCM Store Blog, by 8 pm PST tonight, for your chance to win today's stamp set, and have a wonderful Wednesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sweet Memories (TCM) Paper: Kraft (Wplus9); Pale Plum & aqua diamond (SU); soft green floral (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU) Other: brown thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); paper bloom (Kaisercraft); floral "dream" flashcard (Webster's Pages)

17 comments:

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Very beautiful and elegant card, Jenny.

Lynn said...

A great life lesson to dream. Love the palm trees.

Ros Crawford said...

This is so stunning ... I love the colours and the beautiful stamping

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* when I grow up... I wanna be as amazing as you!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors, the stitching and the flower!

Angi Barrs said...

SWEET design! Love the stitching and the beautiful bloom!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful design with the image. Your flower and bow just dress it up perfectly! Beautiful fonts and details in that image.

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! Love the stamping on the card and the great stitching!

Lisa said...

Love the flowing palms on the tree Jinny, very pretty card! Have a great day ;)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOVE! What a beautiful card-- love the aqua with lavender-- LOVE that beautiful bow! You know I'm a sucker for your bows-- and even though I've watched your tutorial fifteen times.... I still can't do it! LOL! Maybe this time I will get it right:)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Just saw your comment on Miriam's blog about PC publications-- I TOTOTOTOTOTALLY agree! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels that way! THANKS for speaking out!! YOU ROCK!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Fantastic!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! I LOVE your sweet card!! Such a FUN design and your stitching ALWAYS adds such a GREAT touch!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Charlene said...

Stunning!!!! Love the colors and all the awesome ouches you put on your cards!!

Ashley Horton said...

Gorgeous mix of colors Jinny, and I love that Black stitching!!

Tracy said...

I wish I had your gift for stamping. sigh..... Fabulous card Jinny. Hugs!

Shannon White said...

Wow!! Just Beautiful Jinny! Love the Pretty vintage Island feel of this!! Wow!! Make me want to go on Vacation to a tropical island! Love the Wonderful color Combo too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Iris said...

Your card is so sweet. Love the soft colors.