SIT #113

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Note: Please scroll down to check out my Let's Get Trendy Now! 3: Stitching post.

I'm here today to share Sketches in Thyme's first sketch of the month.  I took a few liberties with this one.  I've seen lots of fantastic pages with plays on circles out in blog land.  So, on top of flipping the horizontal strip, from the sketch below, vertically, I was inspired by all the circle bits to create this.
I started this page by adhering a few strips of Washi, along with a couple strips of patterned paper, torn to appear as though it were Washi, too, vertically, down the center of the green, polka dot, base page and anchoring a couple of them with black-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.
I then used a chevron stencil and a little, White ink to create the chevron pattern, which I also outlined with a black, journaling pen, before stamping a few, Jet Black, ink rings, as well as gold embossing a bunch of botanical bits, throughout the design.
My photos were then cut in the shape of circles; adhered in their respective locations, both flush with the base page surface and with foam tape; and a few of them were further framed with Black, cardstock rings.  A trio of tiny, word stickers...
and my "the good life", chipboard title, which had a gold label, for journaling, 1st sprinkler day of summer, April 2, 2012, tucked under its top right edge, prep the page for butterflies.  The latter were stamped, in Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie inks, on White cardstock, hand cut out, glittered, and adhered just at their centers.
Further inspiration for this layout came from My Mind's Eye's June Color Challenge.
And here's this month's Challenge #113 sketch to get you moving in the right direction.
Don't forget to have your takes linked up, in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog, by the close of the month on Sunday, June 30, 2013, in order to be in the running to be named one of our Top 3 and have the opportunity to guest design with us during the month of August.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a terrific day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Memorable "Hello" Decorative Stamps (My Mind's Eye); Kind & Caring Thoughts (SU) Paper: White & Black (Wplus9); all patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: White (Wplus9); Pumpkin Pie & Melon Mambo (SU); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); circle template (Fiskars); chevron stencil (Jenni Bowlin); gold embossing powder (Ranger); Dazzling Diamonds & embossing gun (SU); orange word stickers, chipboard pennant, & pink chevron Washi Tape (My Mind's Eye); black floral Washi Tape (K&Company); gold polka dot Washi Tape (Queen & Co.); gold label (Martha Stewart)

17 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww what a fun layout.. I am loving all those circles..I remember those fun days running through the sprinklers.. Thanks for sharing..

Doreen Vasquez said...

FABULOUS!!! LOVE!!! Circles are my favorite shape in scrapbooking!
Super job!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! Loving the green, the circles, the chevrons and embossing. Great layout!

Lisa said...

Your circle design is fabulous Jinny! Love the little gold leaves peeking out and those butterflies fluttering about!!

Charlene said...

LOVE the circe design and the kids are adorable in the circles :-)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Really fun layout! Great use of multiple photos and circles!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome, dearie!!

Kara Lynne said...

Love the bright colors and your take on the circles.

alexandra s.m. said...

Very trendy indeed!
These circles showcase your beautiful pictures so perfectly Jinny! I just love the playfulness that comes through the repetitive shape! Thank You~

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I love love love love the colors and all those yummy circles!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Really amazing page, Jinny!! Love the liberties you took with the sketch and your circle photos look amazing!! I love how you added the darker circle frame to some of your photos too!! Looks awesome!

Maria said...

Looks like lots of summer fun for your son and daughter, Jinny! Love all the circles and great use of washi tape!

yyam said...

Oh wow. Love the cool circle action! Those photos scream fun! :)

Tracy said...

I just love coming to visit here. I could peruse this layout all day and find thing after thing that I love and want to try myself. Amazing!!! I see you have W9 listed as the maker of the white ink you used. Drop me a line and let me know if that's your fave white ink. I can't seem to find one that stamps very well. It shows up great on your page. Hugs!

Jeanne J said...

Lots of goodness here - the bright colors, embossing and chevrons - WONDERFUL!

Shirl Boughner said...

Jinny - what a fab layout - love the green paper and the chevron effect you've used. Great pics too - looks like your little ones were having a blast. Great butterflies.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Love the circles and those butterflies. Pretty colors too Jinny. You have such a great eye for how to put different elements together!