Guest Designing with City Crafter

Monday, June 10, 2013

Hey, y'all!  I'm so excited to be here today guest designing with the talented gals over at City Crafter Challenge Blog.  They've cooked up an All About Him theme just in the nick of time for Father's Day, and I've used such to inspire a fun card for my hubby.
I started this card by cutting the fishing vest, from Bordering Blue cardstock, with my Cameo.  I have to give complete credit for that vest to Dawn Woleslagle.  She designed the cut file and created a fabulous card with it here.  Thanks, girl!  I then ink distressed all its pocket pieces and edges; machine stitched, with brown-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of the vest itself; used the extra thread lengths to secure it closed with a little bow; and stamped the pocket parts, in Brocade Blue ink, with the burlap design.  All the pockets were then secured, to the card face, with foam tape.  The top left one was edged with a stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, on Oatmeal cardstock, "explore." sentiment and stuffed with two, stamped, in Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Jet Black inks, White, cardstock, fishing lure die cuts, as well as a bit of my hubby's fishing line.
The pocket just below it was stuffed with three food items, all stamped on White, cardstock die cuts.  The orange and Oreo were stamped in Jet Black ink and colored in with colored pencils and mineral spirits, and the raspberry was stamped in Rich Razzleberry and Lucky Limeade inks.  The pocket flap here lies open in behind all the die cuts.
Moving across to the bottom right, I stamped the little ant image, in Jet Black ink, just above the pocket itself and designed this pocket closed with a brown button, laced with hemp twine.
The final pocket was filled with two, stamped, in Lucky Limeade, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, and Chocolate Chip inks, on White, cardstock die cuts, botanical bits, as well as two marshmallows on a stick.  The stick itself was stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, before the pocket was secured in place.  Then the marshmallows were stamped, in Jet Black ink, on White cardstock; hand cut out; given little, rosy, Pretty in Pink ink cheeks; ink distressed to appear toasted; and paper-pieced, with foam tape, in position.
I then created a dictionary "love" tag by stamping it, in Chocolate Chip ink, on Oatmeal cardstock; ink distressing its edges; stamping its center, in Brocade Blue ink, with the fish silhouette; and securing it, in the back center of the vest, with brown-threaded, straight, machine stitches.
LOVE that I've got a little something to represent both of my kiddos tied into this!  This truly is what our pockets and bags and hands are usually carrying.  I love being a Mom, and I know my hubby loves being a Dad.  Well, thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedules to drop in!  And a big thanks, to the gals at CCCB, for having me this week!  Please be sure to stop by the challenge link above to check out all the fun the Design Team has whipped up, as well as to get all your challenge details.  Until tomorrow, be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fish More, Milk & Cookies, Defining Words, Fresh Cut Florals, & Fresh Picked (Wplus9); Bit of Burlap & Gone Campin' (Market Street Stamps); Bugs & Kisses (SU) Paper: White & Oatmeal (Wplus9); Bordering Blue (SU) Ink: Brocade Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, & Rich Razzleberry (SU); Tea Dye, Antique Linen, & Jet Black (Ranger) Other: brown thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Fish More, Milk & Cookies, Fresh Cut Florals, & Fresh Picked dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Fishing Vest cut file (Wplus9); Cameo (Silhouette); button (Hobby Lobby); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); fishing line (my hubby); colored pencils (Prismacolor); mineral spirits (Inky Antics)

31 comments:

Charlene said...

Awesome card Jinny!!!! I'm so happy your with us this week!! I always LOVE your work!! Hugs!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh....wow... Jinny, this card is totally fantastic! Love the pockets and stitching. :)

Ros Crawford said...

I'm just thrilled to have you guesting with us this week ... your card is absolutely fabulous!! What a great design!

Shannon White said...

Wowie!! This is Just Fabulous Jinny!! Super Awesome Dad's Day card! LOVE your Terrific fishing vest card!! Soo Clever!! And I love all the fun details an all the goodies in the pockets and your Super Stitching too! Just Love every Greta detail! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

yyam said...

Ooooh...this is such a delightful creation Jinny! I just love the little details in those pockets....totally cute!

Congrats on being guest designer at City Crafter!

Lynn said...

Oh my! You knocked this card out of the park Jinny! Perfect card for BJ...the elements are all awesome...love how they are popping out of the pockets!

Lisa said...

LOVE this to bits Jinny! I have fishermen in my family too,will have to CASE your amazing creation!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You = GENIUS!! WOW WOW WOW!! This is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee everything about it!! So pinning this!!

Kara Lynne said...

This is super fun! I love all the various items in the pockets and that tag was a great idea too!

Lin said...

Oh, Jinny, this would be SUCH a big hit in my family of guys! What a fantastic design, well done!

~amy~ said...

Super congrats and you rocked the challenge! Love your card...it's so fun and creative!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so adorable! Such fantastic detail! I love all the items in the pockets and how you have really personalized it. Wonderful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny this is just fantastic! I love the design and the fun fishing accents.

Linda R said...

This looks amazing. Very create. I am sure you hubby is going to love it.
Congrats on being the DT for CCCB!

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Can you see my jaw dropping? Oh my.... this is AWESOME with a capital A!!!!!! I am so happy that you are our guest designer this week, not only I am a big fan of yours, you are just a pleasure to work with Jinny!!!! Thanks for everything!!!!

Diane said...

Just adorable the perfect fishing vest design.

Regards diane

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Jinny. Love the vest shape, the pockets full of fun things... very creative girl!

Michelle said...

Jinny, this is the most awesome card for a man!! Love every detail and thought to put into creating it!

blsd2scrp said...

I love your work! I was inspired by a layout you did a few weeks back and I put the link to your blog! hope that's okay! here it is: http://blsd2scrp.blogspot.com/2013/06/technique-tuesday.html

Milagros C. Rivera said...

Oh Jinny I am smitten with your project!!! What a gorgeous card this is love all those details in the pockets and the fabulous stitching!!!

Ashley Horton said...

This is the cutest card I've ever seen Jinny!! What a fun design and so perfect for Father's Day!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is super duper cute! Love it!

Sue Lelli said...

I just LOVE this vest, Jinny and all of the fun finds in the many pockets! Best of all i LOVE the definition of LOVE as the label! CONGRATS on the DT gig!

Kelly said...

This is the coolest Father's Day card, ever!! I love it, Jinny...the details are amazing. Beautiful work, as always :)

alexandra s.m. said...

WOW! Jinny, you should see me in front of my computer, my mouth is wide open...I cannot begin to tell you how Incredible your card is! my!! I agree with Kelly, this has to be the coolest Father's day card evah!!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY GOOOOOOOOODNESS! This is the cutest vest card ever! LOVE all the details-- esp. the sentiment from the pocket (just like a tag on a real vest or jacket!!)!! LOVE it all!

Tracy said...

This is soooo stinkin' cute Jinny! The design is just fabulous and all those cute little doodads for each pocket just make it all the more fun. You rocked the challenge at CCCB. Congrats on your guestie spot! Hugs!

Angi Barrs said...

Girrrrrl! This is one FABULOUS project. Love every detail Jinny. You are so super creative!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! This is TOO PERFECT for words!! I LOVE all of the FUN elements that you have added to the pockets of the vest such a Manly card forsure!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Shannon91 said...

a good idea !!! thanks for inspiration ... I love it ;-)
Bizz

Lynn said...

This card is so creative and has so many interesting details. Great job!