Family Update

Monday, June 24, 2013

Well, hello there.  I'm so sorry that I'm popping back in here so late.  I had hoped to share pics of what we have been up to this morning, but the summer has me running, and I'm just letting it take over.  It's so much more fun that way ;).  Anyway, tonight we've been out watching this guy play baseball.  I just love to see him having fun and learning.
I think that he's going to give his Dad a heart attack, when he's pitching, though.  LOL!  My hubby just wants to see him always do well, and well, with this being the first year of kid pitch, ALL the pitchers walk a lot of players.  So much so, that many of our players have stopped even trying to hit the ball, which makes for a frustrating game.
Fortunately, Ezekiel still gets out there and doesn't wait for the ball to come to him.  He just wants to hit it, and we love that :).
LOVE this pic of my kiddo getting a little pep talk from his coach, too.
And while we're watching the game, my littlest just finds a friend, or friends, to play with.  She always seems to be in the center of all the action.  She even had to make a birthday card for the boy just to her right, in the photo below, today.  I should've taken a picture of it for you all, but I got so wrapped up in trying to get dinner on the table and everyone out the door on time, that I completely forgot.  Sigh.  But you should've seen the smile on his face.
I also wanted to share some pics of my kiddos' Vacation Bible School program.
I just love that Ezekiel can count on the boys just to his left in the photo below (the tall one in the back and the one in the black shirt).  They come from such great families, and he'd be so lucky to call them friends for the long haul.
This was Adina's first year of VBS.  Every day her teachers would ask where she was, on a chart of faces from really happy to really sad, when she arrived and when she left; and on all but one day, she was always happy.  On that particular day, she pointed to the face right in the middle of the group of five, and asked, "Is that tired?"  LOL!  They wore her out, but she loved every minute of it and has so many treasures to remember it by.
A couple of Saturdays ago, we got to help my niece celebrate her seventh birthday in Hutchinson.
My sister was so proud of these darling, little, cake balls she made.  They're my niece's favorite, so she went all out and made them in three different flavors.
We didn't get to stay long, and it was a whirlwind of a weekend, but it was so fun to catch up and spend time with my little sister and her family.
Oh!  And I couldn't resist sharing this pic of our pup, wearing my sunglasses, on the way down.  She's the best dog EVER!
Finally, I just had to throw in this beautiful picture of my Tiger Lilies.  LOVE the color of these beauties to bits!
Thanks so much for checking in on us, friends!  I hope that you're all having such great summers and finding time to be with the ones you love.  Be blessed!

11 comments:

blsd2scrp said...

love the pics of your darling family! the pup was especially cute!

Lisa said...

Looks like summer is off to a great start for the Newlins!! I sure do miss those little league days. Cute pics all around Jinny TFS! Oh and your dog...totally rockin the shades!!!

Charlene said...

What a great summer so far!! I love your pictures they make me smile!Thanks for sharing them with us and you and your sister look alot alike...adorable!

Larissa Heskett said...

Sounds like a PERFECT SUMMER so far hard to believe its almost half over already!! Beckett just had his last T-ball game tonight!! I LOVE the pics of your lil guy, it's so good to see them having FUN!! I can only image the SMILE he got when she gave him her card especially cause it was made SPECIAL!! ;) I LOVE the pic of you and your sister!! You can totally tell your sisters!! ;) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!! ;)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great pics, Jinny! Enjoy the summer!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great pics, Jinny! Enjoy the summer!

Lynn said...

Such sweet photos Jinny. I especially love the ones of Adina singing. And I hear you on when your son pitches...it is nerve wracking, yet amazing at the same time!

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful photos!! TFS

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks like an awesome weekend!! I am loving your dog's photo!! Sooooooooo funny!!!

Tracy said...

What great pics Jinny! Glad the kiddies had fun at VBS. LOL The doggie photo is classic. hee hee Hugs!

Kara Lynne said...

Love these life events! That one with the coach is great, and the dog! Your daughter's sweet face in the bunch at VBS was precious. So glad you're linked in with some great families for your children.