Family Update

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Well, hello there, friends.  It seems like forever since I've done a little update on what's been keeping us running.  So, if you're interested, that's what I've come here today to do.  Up until this week, when the heat has really cranked up, we've had absolutely gorgeous, 70-degree weather, which makes it so much fun to get out and enjoy our summer activities.  A couple of weeks back, we took a trip out to Shawnee Mission Park to take the paddle boats out on the lake, fish, and just soak up the sunshine.  It was exactly what we needed to reconnect and relax.
Ezekiel's been busy, between practices and games, now that baseball has officially begun, and his team is doing so well.  It's his first year of kid pitch, and he has a great coach.  His team even won their first game out, and the second game ended in a tie, once the hour and half game limit had exceeded.
He's always been a pretty good hitter, but this year, he's thrilled to get to be pitching, too, when he's not playing short stop.
The Kansas City Zoo had a big fundraiser, called JAZOO, last week.  Well, in preparation for the event, half of the zoo was closed.  So, as compensation for such, tickets were discounted and all rides on the Sky Safari, boat, and tram were free.  That "free Sky Safari" thing got my kiddos super excited, so off we went for a day of fun, visiting our favorite, furry friends.
This past Saturday, we went to the Old Shawnee Days parade and festival.
They have lots of fun activities for the kids on top of booth after booth of creativity.  So, I got a little distracted and forgot to take pics, once the parade had ended, other than this few of my kiddos on the horses.  We so need to move out into the country.  Sigh.
And yesterday was my hubby's birthday.  It was super busy between work, Vacation Bible School, and baseball, but we found some time to open gifts and eat cake.  We also ate out, at Jose Peppers, to celebrate, after church, on Sunday.  So, hopefully, amidst the busyness, my hubby still felt thought of and loved.
We all made cards for him, too.  Mine can be found in my TCM: Just for Him Blog Hop post.  I just love to see my kiddos being creative.  They make me so proud.  Swoon!
That covers the highlights, folks!  I hope that you're enjoying your summers and finding lots of time to just be with the people you love.  I'm off to nurse a sore back and get some rest, before my little ones are calling me first in the morning.  Thanks so much for peeking in on us, and have a great night!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks and sounds like you've been busy! Great pictures of great times. =)

yyam said...

Ahhh..nothing like some well-deserved family time! Everyone looks so happy! :)

Lynn said...

Love all the pictures Jinny. Looks like you have had a fabulous start to your summer!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all the photos!! Looks like an amazing time!! Happy Birthday to hubby!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Looks like great times!

Lisa said...

Looks like loads of FUN times Jinny TFS. HAPPY HAPPY belated birthday to BJ!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Happy birthday to your husband ... lovely photos ... TFS

Miriam Prantner said...

Such fun! Rest up and be well! Can't have a sore back in the summer!

alexandra s.m. said...

what a great and rich post Jinny!
Thank YOu ;-)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I'll say you've been BUSY! I thought I was busy-- whew! Looks like you all had a great time-- esp. on the paddle boats! Happy birthday to your husband! I hope he enjoyed his special day:) Psalm 118:24 <3

Ashley Horton said...

Looks like lots of fun stuff Jinny, and great photos for upcoming scrapbook pages!! :)

Tracy said...

I'm beginning to think that each member of your family has a clone. It's impossible to pack this much stuff in. LOL Great pics as always Jinny. Love the kids cards. Hugs to you and a happy birthday to BJ!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Such a BUSY Summer!! =) TOTAL FUN though! I LOVE all of the photos and the FUN memories your making!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)